- Gain a professional qualification to give person-centred and holistic spiritual support and pastoral care
- Become part of a professional network with peer support, insurance scheme and ongoing CPD
- Set up an independent practice
- Work professionally or as a volunteer in multi-disciplinary teams e.g.: hospices, hospitals, schools, colleges, prisons, etc.
- Integrate spiritual health into your current career
- Acquire practical strategies and concepts that can immediately be shared with others
- Strengthen your physical and psychological wellbeing through a daily spiritual health practice
- Support friends, family and colleagues through improved relationships, communications and caring skills
- Develop a meaningful lifestyle of mindfulness, compassion and service
The course consists of four units:
UNIT 1: Science & Context
This unit introduces you to the history, culture and science of the relationship between spirituality and medicine. You look at the evidence base, the physiology and the psychology of how spirituality can benefit health.
UNIT 2: Person-Centred Spiritual Practice
In this unit you explore and experience the spiritual practices that benefit health and wellbeing. You are supported in clarifying and implementing the approach that best supports your own daily spiritual health practice. In this way you experience for yourself the benefits and challenges. You then explore how best you might support others from diverse cultures and with different learning styles to develop their own spiritual health practice.
UNIT 3: Developing Reflective Practice
In this unit you learn about the crucial importance of reflective practice for self-care and development. You will explore the different reflective strategies, choose the approach that best suits you and implement a daily practice of careful and honest self-reflection.
UNIT 4: Spiritual Care in Practice
This unit builds on the knowledge and practice of the other three units, focusing on the actual giving of spiritual care and enabling others to develop their own spiritual health practice. You will be introduced to and required to practice the fundamental skills of whole-body listening and how to facilitate a developmental conversation, one-to-one and in small groups, around the health and wellbeing benefits of spirituality.
This 90 hour course will be run over 4 blocks of 4 days Friday - Monday
The full fee for the course is £1250 which includes a lovely simple home made lunch and the learner registration fee of £350 to be paid by 1st November 2018. This can be paid in full or by instalments arranged individually with student.
If you would like to stay at Bella Vista you are welcome to do so and we offer a special bed and breakfast rate for Diploma students of £250 per 4 day block, with a £5 per night supplement for those requesting a sea view.
Bursaries may be available depending on circumstance.
In October my husband and I move into our beautiful new home, Bella Vista, 14 Burlington Road, Swanage BH19 1LS.Download Application Form Here
We have chosen this home because the beautiful and panoramic sea views inspire peace and wellbeing.
Contact me for details about admission and for terms & conditions.
From Spiritual Companions Trust
‘If spirituality is everyone’s natural connection with the wonder and energy of life, I invite you to explore your experience and its meaning for you. It is not only your natural right, but also a crucial social need – essential for personal as well as for community wellbeing. Download Course Brochure
Free of institutional baggage, we aim to incorporate the very best approaches to mindfulness, the development of compassion, and emotional literacy.’
Download Learning Outcomes